Monday 10 September 2018

The State of Anime Fandom in the UK - Minamicon 23 (2017)

Continuing my updates of panels and talks that I've run in the past few years is "The State of Anime Fandom in the UK", a panel I ran at Minamicon 23 in March 2017. It was the first panel I ran following the closure of my quantitative research into anime fandom in the UK - from March 2016 until February 2017, I ran an online questionnaire that was designed to give me a snapshot of UK anime fandom, looking at fan demographics, preferences, entry points into fandom, and what other aspects of Japanese culture fans were interested in.

The panel presents my results in very broad terms as I didn't have time to show a full meta-analysis, but there were some interesting results nonetheless. The tone is also very informal, as it was held on the Sunday morning of the con when many people were a bit hungover and I was feeling a bit unwell due to nerves!

Many thanks to Batale for filming the panel and putting it up online.


No comments:

Post a Comment