Thursday 12 March 2020

Archive of Our Own: The Aca-Fan and the Sense of Responsibility in Archiving Fannish History - FSN2019

While posting my most recent Minamicon video I realised that I hadn't posted the paper I presented at the FSN conference last year! In part this was because the sound level was so low I didn't want to post it without having some decent subtitles on it, but also just because I had a very busy end to the year with the eventual completion and submission of my thesis plus a job change, and it just slipped between the cracks unfortunately!

FSN2019 was held at the University of Portsmouth in June 2019. I took part in a panel about fandom archiving and my paper was about the motivations for and process of setting up a fandom archive, including the questions that arise in the process and about one's competing responsibilities as both an academic and a fan.

Video below; please do watch it with subtitles!


No comments:

Post a Comment